We've had this thankfulness challenge going all month on Facebook and there were some days that I missed, but in reality, I could go all year long and think of something every single day that I am thankful for. A few may be "petty" to some people, but they are still things I am grateful for...and I will also say this: I try to be a very positive, "light" kind of person. I'm not much for "heavy" subjects - maybe I just don't know how to talk about things like that - so, I don't usually post anything heavy or negative on FB. I think the world has enough of that without me adding to it. No, my life is by no stretch of the imagination, perfect. To be completely honest, it's a little stressful right now. But, I usually don't even realize it's stressful, because I try to focus on the good things going on...
So, here are the things I didn't say I was thankful for (or maybe I did and I would like to say it again).
First of all, I am thankful that I found Christ a little over six years ago and that He saved my life and afterlife! I am thankful to the people who got me to that place - Glenna and Zak. I am so grateful to the people who preach the Word of God - those who do it for a living and those who do it through the things they say every day.
I am so very thankful for my hard-working and good-looking husband who is my best friend and I don't know what my life would be like without him. I am thankful for our beautiful daughters who teach me little life lessons (usually about myself) on a daily basis. I am grateful for their innocence and the sweet and funny little things they say and do.
I am thankful for my health - that I can see God's beautiful earth; that I can hear the laughter of children and the sweet and kind things that people say to each other; I am thankful that I can speak those things to others, as well.
I am thankful to friends - old and new. Friends I talk to on a daily basis and those I only talk to on occasion. All of them mean so much to me and I am so blessed to have them!
I am thankful that I have a wonderful family...Those who are close and far away; immediate and extended...it gets bigger (and crazier) every year! I love it!
I am thankful that we have shelter, transportation, clothes and food. I pray for those who do not have those things.
And, I am thankful that man (for the most part) is good. I see it happen every day - someone helping out another - giving someone a smile or a hug for no other reason than to give something good to someone. I especially see it happen in times of need and for that, I am truly grateful.
I pray everyone has a positive Christmas Holiday! (and, remember the Reason for the Season!)
Roxanne
No comments:
Post a Comment