Friday, April 16, 2010

Glad this week is coming to an end...





It's been a crazy one!!! Last weekend, we had our 1st Annual Chili Cook-off and Fun Day to help raise money for the March of Dimes/March for Babies and it was a huge success! There was a lot of planning and hard work involved by a lot of different people (especially Dr. McGaughy and her husband, Sam), but it was well worth it and next year will be even better! Our TEAM goal was $5,000 and we will have tripled that when it's time to turn our money in next week!!! Thank to all of you who have sent money or donated online! If you would still like to donate, just visit my website and you can do it there... http://www.marchforbabies.org/rfelts
The run is next Saturday morning (the 24th) - this will be my first ever 5k race! I'm nervous and excited and I know I can do it now without stopping to walk. After the run, we will do the family walk and then they open up Wonderland Park for the participants and their families and they get to ride the rides for free! Ought to be a great day!

I also took the Concealed Hangun course this week at the college. After everything that has happened lately with the break-ins, etc., I felt like I needed to take it. I shot a gun for the first time on Wednesday night at the range and I did pretty darn good! :) It was actually pretty fun! I passed both the shooting and the written test, so now I just have to send in the hoards of paperwork and wait for my licence. I think my husband and kids are glad it's over with now so I will be home in the evenings! (I'm glad, too - it was throwing me way off that I wasn't getting home until 9pm or later!)

Kamryn had to have a CT Scan yesterday - they are looking at the bones in her head to make sure everything is forming correctly. If not, they are going to have to do something about it soon to make sure her brain will develop the right way. We should hear something before the weekend. Please pray that everything is okay with that sweet baby!

We are gearing up for a VERY BUSY month ahead! Marha has a play on Tuesday; we have the run next Saturday; We have Court on May 3rd; Marha's gymnastics competition on May 8th and then Marha and the twins have their dance recital the next weekend on May 16th. I feel like I'm missing some stuff. It's just that time of year! I think we'll survive it.

Love you all!
Roxanne

No comments:

Post a Comment