Monday, April 26, 2010

Accomplishment






Well, I did it! I ran my first 5k race and I am more than happy with myself for doing it! My initial goal was just to finish the race without falling over dead. I then wanted to finish the race without coming in last place. My best run time before Saturday was the Thursday before and I ran it (on the treadmill) in 28:36 and I thought I was going to die. I ran Saturday's race in 27:49!!! I couldn't believe it! I was 71st out of 183 runners - I didn't think that was bad for my first time! I was 4th in my age group of 16 runners. Afterwards, I felt so great - exhilerated! I felt like I could have done it again, actually! I guess it was the adrenaline pumping. I'm going to keep training for future races and I guess I'm going to do the mini triathalon here in Perryton in August. That ought to be interesting! :)

The weather wasn't great on Saturday morning, but it could have been much worse - it was really cool and windy, but at least it was sunny. The wind picked up a lot after the run (in time for the walk). I'm not sure how many people were there for the walk - possibly a couple thousand. There were quite a few of us there from Perryton. Our team ended up raising over $17,000! (Thank you to all of you who donated - it really meant so much to all of us!) After the walk, we headed to Wonderland Park for a short time so that the kids could ride some of the rides. At that point, I crashed. We went to eat and headed home and EVERYONE was so exhausted.

Zak's dad came up on Saturday evening to see everyone and left this morning. The twins are sick, so I'm getting ready to take them to the doctor - Kenna is running a fever over 102 - I hope they get better fast - I hate when the kids are sick. :( Hope all of you have a great week!

Love you all,
Roxanne

(Pictures are: Me and Dr. Jenny McGaughy almost to finish line; our girls and Yancy Judice with a fox at Thompson Park; Me after the race; Me with Kamryn the night before race; Zak and Sam McGaughy with our twins during the walk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment